Reconciling In Christ Sunday is on January 28th, 2018!
The theme for this year is:
“Dreams & Visions of the Church Reimagined: a Reconciling in Christ Sunday service naming, celebrating, and advocating for transgender and genderqueer people.”
This is a profound opportunity to celebrate our members and friends who are transgender and/or genderqueer, even if they don’t have visible representation in your faith community. We believe that continuing to do the work to include people on the margins of society and to deepen your members’ resolve to declare an audacious and loving welcome to all, is the point of the Gospel. That love transforms lives and communities.
Here are some ideas for your 2018 Reconciling In Christ Sunday:
- Use or modify the official liturgy from Reconciling Works. To download a PDF file of the liturgical resource for RIC Sunday 2018, please visit:
- Include a special announcement about RIC Sunday in your announcements, emails, and social media channels.
- Use your church’s RIC team members for different aspects of worship.
- Share one of the sermons delivered by young transgender and genderqueer ELCA leaders and provided by Reconciling Works. (See Below)
- Share on your social media channels, use in your adult forums or small groups, and facilitate discussion on the ideas presented.